About Lombard & Geliebter
Lombard & Geliebter LLP is a boutique intellectual property law firm that is committed to providing the highest level of representation, expertise and client service. We pride ourselves on providing value and producing meaningful, timely results.
Our founding partners have over 25 years of combined experience in trademark law, managing large international trademark and domain name portfolios, clearing and prosecuting trademarks, representing clients before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB), infringement actions in Federal Court, and domain name disputes under ICANN’s Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP/usDRP).
Lombard & Geliebter represents a broad spectrum of clients, from multinational pharmaceutical companies, food product manufacturers, and financial service organizations, to start-ups and individual entrepreneurs.
We take the time to know our clients, looking at each client’s unique situation in order to provide the most relevant, cost-effective and comprehensive protection strategy for their valuable brands, trademarks and related assets:
- We routinely prosecute and register trademarks in jurisdictions all over the world and handle disputes regarding trademark and domain name rights worldwide
- Experts in managing large domestic and international trademark portfolios
- Developing and strategically implementing trademark and domain name filing strategies, including strategic use of international filing systems such as the Madrid Protocol, the Community Trade Mark (European Union), OAPI, the Benelux, and the Berne Convention
- Implementing vigilance search programs in order to properly police the marketplace on behalf of our clients
- Enforcing our client’s trademarks through the appropriate use of cease-and-desist letters, carefully negotiated consent agreements, and when necessary, commencement of inter partes proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and infringement litigation
- Initiate and defend opposition and cancellation proceedings both domestically and internationally through our worldwide network of global trademark practitioners
- Expert preparation, drafting and negotiating of trademark licenses and coexistence agreements
- Provide domestic and international trademark clearance searches with expert availability opinions based on the results; this is critically important to determine if there are any prior conflicting rights
- Acquisition of important domain names using the appropriate mechanisms under the given circumstances – the courts (possibly under the Anticyberquatting Consumer Protection Act – ACPA), the UDRP (Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy), etc.